Role: Corporate Counsel
Location: Preferably Switzerland, Zug (elsewhere in Europe also considered)
Interchain is a young, ambitious, and values-led team working on the core blockchain technology of the Cosmos ecosystem and the Cosmos Hub. We’re headquartered in Berlin, Germany, but our team stretches from the west coast of the US to eastern Europe. We keep in touch through Github, Slack, Discord, and Zoom, and meet in person periodically (when COVID permits). All in all, the software we develop secures billions of dollars in value across many different systems, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We strive to build world-class software while having plenty of laughs along the way.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Corporate Counsel to join our growing team.
What you'll do:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide variety of corporate/commercial agreements such as service agreements, vendor agreements
- Develop, implement, and maintain a strategic knowledge management plan:
- Processes, procedures and best practices for storage of agreements,
- Knowledge repository of templates, forms, guidance materials and checklists, memoranda, presentations and other knowledge assets and work product
- Support legal work for strategic transactions such as investments, M&A, partnerships
- Support legal work for general corporate governance within the organization
- Support legal compliance efforts across all the organization from a functional and procedural perspective
- IP (Intellectual Property)
- Provide practical analyses on legal issues and risks that enable the organization optimize tradeoffs between business upside and legal risk
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional product teams as a partner
Who you are:
- 3+ years of relevant corporate legal experience at a leading law firm or comparable in-house practice
- Keen attention to detail, highly organized, and process-driven
- Excellent project management, negotiation, drafting, and time management skills
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, and business pragmatism
- Strong analytical skills; able to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment with rapidly shifting priorities and needs
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results in a cross-functional team environment
- Highly curious; fast learner
Nice to have:
- Admission in a EU country, US or commonwealth jurisdiction is an asset;
- Work experience in blockchain
Not sure if you're a fit? Please feel free to apply anyways, and we'll take it from there.
Interchain believes that great people come from a broad range of backgrounds, and that the diversity of our team is one of our strengths. Discriminatory behavior has no place at Interchain—we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fighting bias in our workplace and our communities.