Interchain is looking for an exceptional lawyer to join the team as General Counsel. You will have the opportunity to set our legal and compliance strategy in house and work with key stakeholders across the cosmos ecosystem.
Cosmos is a leading organization in the global blockchain ecosystem, and you will play a key role in setting precedents for a dynamic industry. This position is remote friendly.
We participate in research, development, product, community and social good initiatives which align with our vision and mandate, as well as providing funding towards these projects. Our particular interest is the Cosmos Project, which is unique in its maturity, modularity, and the sovereignty it provides to respective networks.
Our mandate is to research, develop, and promote open, decentralized, network technologies like Cosmos, that provide greater sovereignty, security, and sustainability to the world's communities.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
- Provide strategic legal advice, counsel and support to the internal team at Interchain
- Work with external stakeholders across the Cosmos ecosystem to provide legal guidance and advice
- Manage day-to-day corporate/commercial legal operations, including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating service agreements, investments documents, and vendor agreements
- Work closely with cross functional teams including marketing, HR, and finance to identify risks and ensure compliance
- Select and manage outside counsel, primarily in North America and Europe
- Keep abreast of all regulatory and policy developments involving cryptocurrency in jurisdictions most relevant to the ICF, including in the U.S. and Switzerland
- Continuously assess operating risks and legal needs for the ICF and related stakeholders
Required Skills + Experience
- Qualified lawyer with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Passion for the blockchain industry
- Exceptional writing and organizational skills
- Self-starter, quick learner with sense of urgency, highly driven and proactive -keen to create process and structure and strive for continuous improvement
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, growth-stage and multicultural environment
Bonus Skills + Experience
- Experience in the blockchain industry
- Experience working with, or at, startups and tech companies
- Experience working with companies that have operations in multiple jurisdictions
Highlights of Perks and Benefits
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Remote work
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours