Interchain GmbH is a 13-person company which works on core blockchain technology. We are based in Berlin, but our team stretches from New York City to Ulyanovsk, Russia. We keep in touch through Slack and Zoom, and get together in person periodically (when COVID permits).
We are seeking a technical candidate familiar with decentralized technologies to aid in the evaluation of projects supported by the ICF Funding Program. This role will include responsibilities to develop contracts with program participants, review applications for ICF funding, and evaluate deliverables upon completion.
Please see the ICF Funding Program repository to learn more about our review process and past recipients.
We don’t have any specific criteria regarding previous experience, but we're looking for candidates who ideally have:
- An interest in blockchains. Conceptual understanding of blockchain technologies and their applications
- Ability to run experimental software and provide feedback to developers. Setting up environments, compiling complex projects and their dependencies, reviewing and analyzing code (QA/QC), running and evaluating tests
- Clarity of thought in written and spoken language. It will be important for you to be able to answer questions like “How does it work?” and “Why does it matter?” in a way that is accessible to people just entering the space. Ability to write clearly on technical subjects.
- Clear and considerate communication. Ability to manage relationships with external parties
- Creative thinking. “Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods”
- Interest in ecosystem-wide strategic thinking. This will help in the determination of intermediate technologies required to enable various use cases of decentralized networks
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership. You finish what you start and keep a high standard of quality. You take pride in your work.
- Located in Berlin or a home base within our working timezones. We welcome candidates who are interested in joining us in our Berlin office but are also open to remote applicants. If remote, you should be based in a timezone between UTC-5:00 (New York) and UTC+3:00 (Moscow).
- Synthesizing coherent funding recommendations, including technical review of proposals and applicants, solicited feedback from relevant stakeholders / experts, strategic context
- Work with applicants to scope deliverables, timeline, and budget
- Negotiating and drafting service contracts
- Communicating with teams, scheduling check-ins and deliverable reviews
- Evaluating deliverables by testing software functionality, as well as code and documentation quality
- Ensuring contract fulfillment and payment
- Writing blog articles summarizing finished work for a general audience
- Coordinating with other members of the ICF Funding team and key ecosystem participants to aid collaborative efforts
Interchain GmbH believes that great people come from a broad range of backgrounds, and that the diversity of our team is one of our strengths. Discrimination has no place at Interchain GmbH and we do not discriminate on the bases of race, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fighting bias and discrimination in our workplace and in our communities.