Interchain is a young, ambitious, and values-led team working on the core blockchain technology of the Cosmos ecosystem and the Cosmos Hub. We’re headquartered in Berlin, Germany, but our team stretches from the west coast of the US to eastern Europe. We keep in touch through Slack, Discord, Github and Zoom, and meet in person periodically (when COVID permits). The systems we develop secure billions of dollars in value, but we try to focus our attention on projects with a shared purpose, to enrich the natural environment and create a world where communities have greater agency. We strive to build world-class software while not taking ourselves too seriously and having plenty of laughs along the way.
As an Event Marketing Manager at Interchain GmbH, you are surrounded by some of the brightest and visionary minds in Blockchain. Our hierarchies are flat, and your ideas and opinions are constantly in demand. Each day will be met with complex and challenging tasks we are going to solve together. We value team chemistry and collaboration and strive to create a friendly, fast paced work environment. Events are one of the most important ways that we grow, connect, and inspire developers, builders, and the Community. This is an opportunity to own and execute an event strategy that will have a quantifiable impact in reinforcing ICF and Cosmos position in the Blockchain space.
The Event Marketing Manager is responsible for the strategy, coordination and execution of virtual and in-person events for the Interchain Foundation (ICF) and Cosmos including: trade shows, conferences, workshops, hackathons, speaking engagements, branded events, and webinars. You will partner with closely with Product, Marketing, Community, and Leadership teams to drive Events from concept to execution globally, to create awareness and drive developer adoption
The ideal candidate is highly organized, hands-on, collaborative, and enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic global environment.
The Event Marketing Manager will be expected to:
- Lead Internal Event planning by owning strategy, planning, promotion, execution of ICF and Cosmos live and virtual events (internal/external events)
- Conferences, hackathons, webinars, Twitter spaces, AMAs
- Inclusive of planning logistics, vendor management, contract negotiation, budgeting, coordination, and post-event follow up
- Inclusive of track and theme creation for events based on the latest developments in the organization and wider ecosystem
- Inclusive of speaker relationship management for internal/external events
- Inclusive of partner and sponsorship acquisition when necessary (i.e. hackathon funding)
- Identifying, negotiating and coordinating the presence of ICF and Cosmos amongst industry events through speaker submissions and sponsorship negotiations
- Work collaboratively with
- Product Owners, Marketing, Community to ensure event strategy and themes align with Leadership mission, vision, goals
- Marketing team to integrate key initiatives and Brand narratives into event activity
- Own and manage a comprehensive events calendar
- Manage the creation of event assets, creative, messaging, design in collaboration with the broader Marketing team
- Create delightful and memorable events experiences
- Work with conference organizers to strategically involve Cosmos and Interchain thought leadership
- Build solid and collaborative relationships with stakeholders including other projects in the ecosystem, industry event organizers and agencies.
- Keep up-to-date with product, industry, and ecosystem developments in order to identify the relevant speaker opportunities
- Support development of a network of local and global influencers to drive developer and Blockchain community attendance
- Help generate Event awareness through storytelling, Content, Digital Marketing, Creative, and Community
- Research new and emerging Events, identify opportunities, provide recommendations
An Ideal Candidate will:
- Have 3-5 years experience managing Events (bonus points for Blockchain related Events)
- Have excellent communication skills; be highly organized and detail oriented
- Be able to prioritize, work collaboratively, and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Have a sense of how Blockchain can transform technology, commerce, humanity
- Be able to translate technical product vision into clear, universal messages and themes
- Familiarity with event management tools and systems
- Have a true interest in blockchain and a natural aptitude in building relationships across ecosystem
- Be able to adapt easily in a fast changing environment
Nice to have:
- A deep understanding of Cosmos, the Cosmos ecosystem, crypto or blockchain generally, and how to communicate with developers
- Experience working remotely with a global team with a variety of people, cultures, language
- for continuous learning
- Experience with G Suite, Zoom, Slack
Not sure if you're a fit? Please feel free to apply anyways, and we'll take it from there.
Interchain believes that great people come from a broad range of backgrounds, and that the diversity of our team is one of our strengths. Discriminatory behavior has no place at Interchain—we do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fighting bias in our workplace and our communities.