Interchain is a young, ambitious, and values-led team working on the core blockchain technology of the Cosmos ecosystem and the Cosmos Hub. We’re headquartered in Berlin, Germany, but our team stretches from the west coast of the US to eastern Europe. We keep in touch through Github, Slack, Discord, and Zoom, and meet in person periodically (when COVID permits). All in all, the software we develop secures billions of dollars in value across many different systems, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We strive to build world-class software while having plenty of laughs along the way.
Tendermint is a widely adopted open-source consensus engine that provides the magical piece of BFT state machine replication used to power a multitude of exciting applications and secure high-value networks. We are looking for a Product Owner to further grow Tendermint into becoming the gold standard in the decentralized, distributed systems space.
As Product Owner of Tendermint you will be responsible for:
- Acting like a switchboard operator, bridging between the engineering team building the software and all of Tendermints users: app developers, node operators, external client developers, contributors, researchers and general enthusiasts. You will need to be the voice of the community in team meetings and the representative of Tendermint for the wider community.
- Curating user needs and working alongside the Engineering Manager and the rest of the team to craft Tendermint’s roadmap and vision and be able to then communicate this to the ecosystem.
- Understanding the ins and outs of Tendermint. Be able to write documentation, guidelines and tutorials. Help out users and contributors on all our channels i.e. Github and Discord. Read research papers, engage with protocol engineers, understand how other consensus engines work and where they differ.
- Promoting Tendermint. Developing Tendermint’s image and positioning in the market. Attending conferences and talks, writing blog posts and reaching out to new potential users.
There are no hard requirements on previous experience, but ideally you’d have a few of the following:
- Expertise in consensus algorithms, distributed systems, blockchains, networking, and/or cryptography. Additionally, familiarity with the Go programming language is a bonus.
- Experience working on complex, cutting-edge software, especially projects that are open-source and are used by a number of different teams.
- Top-notch communications skills, clear written prose, and a knack for working with a diverse range of contributors and users. The ability to connect and synthesize different perspectives. You can go toe to toe with engineers on technical concepts and yet be able to concisely explain those same ideas to the layperson.
- A curious, outgoing and personable nature as well as a high level of personal responsibility and ownership.
- A home base within our working timezones, probably from UTC - 5 (New York) to UTC + 3 (Moscow), and the ability to travel to Germany at least occasionally (post-COVID)
- A cat or dog to be able to appear in Zoom meetings
Not sure if you're a fit? Please feel free to apply anyways, and we'll take it from there
Interchain GmbH believes that great people come from a broad range of backgrounds, and that the diversity of our team is one of our strengths. Discrimination has no place at Interchain GmbH and we do not discriminate on the bases of race, color, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, religion, disability, or sexual orientation. We are committed to fighting bias and discrimination in our workplace and in our communities.